Friday, October 31, 2014

Celebrations and Do You Have Goals?




Many thanks to Viklit and her team for hosting Celebrate the Small Things, and Many Thanks to Misha and Beth for hosting Do You Have Goals?

I'm going to combine posts, so hopefully it all makes sense, and is short enough to read. :)


1. Progress on Champion's Destiny sputtered and nearly died, and then I started up again - new plan, refreshed perspective.

2. I wrote a grouping of poetry/fiction/vignettes and submitted them at the beginning of the month, so my "short works" Write 1 Sub 1 goal is on track. Plus, a previous submission, "Cloud Download," was published at Espresso Stories.

3. I'm working on several "short" projects like: my micro-fiction series, Ashes Burn, a free, ongoing series; plus some re-pubs of individual short stories like "Seedling," "The Bridge Snap," and "The Horse in the Well" - which are all kindle select publications which I plan to use for my Friday Freebies. (Hint: wait for them to come up free on Fridays in the months to come.)

4. I had a sale on my books this month - trying to earn some coffee money, at least. Marketing seems to be a skill that has escaped me entirely, but I'm still persevering.

5. I'm signed up for NaNoWriMo. At first, I planned on focusing on Captain Wrath (finally), but now it looks like I'll be working on dueling plots: Champion's Destiny in the mornings, and Captain Wrath in the afternoons/evenings. I will get them finished, by hook or by crook. (does anyone else actually say that?)

6. The red carpet premiere of Ghost Noir - a little indie film that both my daughters acted in this last summer and fall. (2 pics at the end of post - added late)



What are you celebrating? And, do you have goals that you're working towards this year?


#FridayFreebie Dragonfold and Other Adventures - only free on Friday



32 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

Sounds like you're on track and keeping busy!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope the film went well last night.
Good to hear you are working on Captain Wrath!

Tonja Drecker said...

Sounds like you're busy with writing. Good luck in Nano! Hope to see you around :)

Sarah Foster said...

Sounds like you've got a lot going on with your writing. Good luck with NaNo!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Miranda - yes, definitely keeping busy. :)
Alex - Thanks! and Yes, finally Captain Wrath is going to have his day.
T. Drecker - busy all around, but still have time to read, so it's good.
Sarah - yes, probably too much, but still moving forward. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've got a lot on your plate. Good luck with your writing projects and with NaNo!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Congrats on having your story published. And good luck with NaNo. I'm betting on you.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Congrats and sometimes a crash-and-burn is just what we need for a refreshed perspective.

cleemckenzie said...

Hope NaNo treats you well! Good luck and enjoy.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I went and voted for your story this morning. Had to go and click confirm to set up the account, then got busy reading emails, then remembered a snippet I was supposed to review. Then remembered I wanted to order gift bags. And now it's afternoon and I'm back to say, good job!!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Sound like you have a full pate - congratulations on meeting the goals and fine tuning others to forward your destiny!
I'm enjoying my new home - winterizing this week.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Elizabeth!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you, Susan!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Yes, sometimes a crash and burn is needed for fresh perspectives.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks!

Misha Gerrick said...

Well done on finishing so much! Best of luck with NaNo. :-)

Ruth Livingstone said...

Sounds like you are making great progress!

Christine Rains said...

You're a busy woman! Good luck with NaNo. I'll be cheering you on as I can't do it this year. Hope you're having a lovely weekend! :)

Claudya Martinez said...

Aww love the pics of the movie premier. How fun.

Laura Clipson said...

I'm not doing NaNo this year because I just won't have the time. I wish I did, I'm so jealous of everyone who's doing it! Best of luck :)

Anonymous said...

You've got to be a proud mama, Tyrean. Glad your WIP is back in action!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you, Ruth! Sometimes, it feels like I'm treading water, but then I list out what I've done and it surprises me.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks for the cheers. I'll need them. And I hope you have a great weekend too!

Tyrean Martinson said...

It was really fun. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

There's a few alternate NaNo's going on - a poem a day, non-fiction NaNo, and RevMo . . . you might want to check those out.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Yes, I am a proud mama . . . I love my kids, and I just think they are awesome. :)

L.G. Keltner said...

Congratulations on your writing successes! I hope your weekend is treating you well!

Trisha said...

You've been up to quite a bit this last month!

good luck for NaNo - I'm participating too! :D

Jay Noel said...

Good luck with NaNo. I'm doing it to (again).

I try not to celebrate too much when I hit goals, as I know this is more of a marathon and not a sprint. Even keel is how I try to keep it.

Stephen Tremp said...

I'm on board for NaNo too. Good luck to you and everyone!