Saturday, June 25, 2011

Social Causes: Can Blogging Make a Difference?

Social Causes: Can Blogging Make a Difference?

From facebook to e-mail to a website of a Christian speaker and musician, to his blog, to another blog, to Bloggers for Compassion, then onto World Vision. . . that’s the trail I took yesterday.

It led me to think about what I’m doing here, right now, when I blog.

Is there a reason beyond me?

I hope so.

I know so.

God has given each of us a unique shape and purpose for life.

I happen to love to write.

I love to journal.

Blogging comes naturally, mostly, except when I doubt anyone is reading anything I write, or I doubt my ability to write anything worthwhile.

Lately, I’ve been reading some great books. Some of them are fun. Some of them make me think. I highlighted one that makes me think last Tuesday. Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide by Nicholas D. Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn is a secular book highlighting the needs of women in countries all over the world. Women are mutilated, raped, kidnapped, abused, assaulted, prostituted, and subjected to horrific treatment on a daily basis.

If you would like to help women worldwide, there are many organizations that give aid to women.

World Vision is one of my favorite aid organizations. If you would like to know what they do to give aid to women, just check out these three links, and explore their website.

Women of Vision

Women and Girls

Gift Catalog Items for Women and Girls is an easy way to donate and give a gift.

Can blogging make a difference?

I hope that it can.


Scripture Blessings:


"There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord." 1 Corinthians 12:4-5

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Awesome! Thank you for the info. I believe blogging can make a difference. It could be for a global cause or it can be just one person who reads it and it changes their life. great post! Blessings, Joanne

Tyrean Martinson said...

Joanne - You're welcome! Blessings, Tyrean