Monday, April 11, 2011

I Blessings, and 365 Days of Blessings, Day 316

Thank you all for your prayers for my mom-in-law and my Dad. My mom-in-law's doctors are still working on how to best help her recover from her breaks. My Dad is out of the hospital, and is feeling much better.

Today, in the midst of our family's busy Monday, I thought of ideas for my post, over and over again . . . and all I came up with was words. And then, I started thinking a few minutes ago, why not words as blessings?

So here are some I words I think of as blessings tonight:

1. Indescribable - God's Glory is indescribable.

2. Insight

3. Integrity

4. Intelligence

5. Inspiration

6. Illuminate

7. Imagine

8. Inverness

9. Island

10. Ideal

For me, each of these words has texture, light, meaning, thought, and feeling attached to it.

Try them out, say them out loud. What do you think? Do these "I" blessings have texture for you?

I think our rich language is a blessing. I thank God for His Word, which is better than any of mine, but I also thank him for giving us the ability to speak, to listen, and to write.

Scripture Blessings:

"For by You I can run against a troop,
By my God I can leap over a wall.
As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the LORD is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

For who is God, except the LORD?
And who is a rock, except our God?"
Psalm 18:29-31

No comments: