Thursday, October 7, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Day 131

More blessings, a few more amazing blog posts, and just some random thankfulness!

1. God is awesome and He has a plan for each of us, for me, for my friends, for my enemies, for people I don't even know. I am so thankful that I don't have that job. God is in charge, and I'm not.

2. My husband is the best man for me . . . wonderful, funny, huggable, sweet, fun, the list could go on for the whole page. I love him more than words can say, and I am so thankful for our relationship!

3. My daughters are sweet, compassionate, helpful, loving, amazing girls. They each have unique talents, and I love them both completely exactly as they are.

4. Spiders. Yes, I'm thankful for them, when they are on their webs, outside.

5. Yummy, homemade caramel without corn syrup or dairy.

6. Laurel's Leaves Post on Nicknames This is a delightful post about nicknames, how they affect us, and how they affect our characters.

7. Listening This is a wonderful, inspirational blog, and this post on "A Few of My Favorite Things" resonated with me.

8. Mara Writes In this post, Mara give us a well-written sample of her fantasy writing, and for me, it gave me a jumpstart to my own imagination.

9. Eagle's Aeriel Perspective The Eagle give us a well-written book review on a book that reminds me a bit of Oliver Twist, set in a sci-fi dystopian setting. I'm going to check it out at my local library.

10. Sharp Pen Dull Sword Posts with pictures that speak 1,000 words, and in this post I love #1 and #2 especially.

Well, as I stated above, there were some pretty random ones today . . . but I keep trying to look for blessings in all places, and all moments.

Scripture Blessings:
"When Jesus had finished these parables, he moved on from there. Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. 'Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?' they asked. 'Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? Aren't all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?' And they took offense at him.
But Jesus said to them, 'Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor.
And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith."
Matthew 13:53-58

No comments: