Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Blessed by my Daughter's Birthday, 365 Days of Blessings - Day 60


365 Days of Blessings, Day 60
Yesterday we celebrated my youngest daughter's ninth birthday with our family, and today she celebrates again with 10 friends, so these blessings are all about birthday moments and my daughter.

1. God has honored me with many precious gifts. When each of my children were born, I felt awed by the precious gift of life, and the honor given to me as a mom by the Creator of life himself. Today I thank him especially for my youngest daughter.

2. Spelling my daughter’s name in gluten-free pancake batter, and then making the rest of the pancakes into lopsided hearts. It is an awesome birthday tradition, even when we burn the pancakes.

3. A little present at breakfast on my daughter’s birthday, plus the “big one” later.

4. My daughter’s smiling face. When she’s happy she smiles with every fiber of her being. When she’s frustrated, there is still a small smile on her lips. She has inner joy.

5. My daughter’s bright sky blue eyes.

6. My daughter’s tap-dancing feet. She practices everywhere, in the kitchen, in the grocery store, at the library (shh), while brushing her hair, in tap shoes, hiking shoes, sandals, and bare feet. She’s tap-danced all around Washington State, in Florida, California, Canada, and Washington D.C. – because she taps all the time.

7. My daughter’s wonderful relationship with her sister. Yes, there are moments when I have to make them apologize, and make them say “I forgive you.” But 99% of the time, they love to talk together, tap together, read together, put together “beautiful outfits”, read together, and laugh together.

8. My daughter’s squeezy hugs, and her love of cuddling while watching movies at home.

9. My daughter’s love of cats, and dolphins. She is ok with wanting to do some of the same things her sister wants to do, but differently. Her sister wants to work with/research/protect river dolphins, while she wants to work at the Dolphin Research Center in Florida as a dolphin trainer. Oh, and she wants to tap dance too. She has big dreams, and I love that.

10. My daughter’s love of beading, being creative with crafts, and writing poetry.

Shared Blessings:
Trisha is thankful for her birthday. :-)

Website/Internet Blessing for the day:
Dolphin Research Center

Scripture for the Day:
"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." Daniel 3:17-18 (from one of my favorite stories from Daniel)

And as an extra bonus, I thought I would share a poem my daughter wrote last September.

Dolphins
By Trisha Martinson
I saw two dolphins jump
I saw two dolphins jump
Twirling beautifully through the air,
Curving smoothly pair by pair
And they land without a splash
And they land without a splash

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful birthday tribute to your daughter. You made me teary-eyed! I am going to go give my daughter a huge hug right now!