Monday, July 19, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 50

365 Days of Blessings, Day 49

1. Daily Bible Study that has become such a habit that I kept wondering just what I was missing this morning. After waking up with a head cold going strong, and wandering around the house in a daze, I took my dogs for a walk, then picked up the newspaper, and then . . . I knew there was something missing. Finally, I remembered, I need God's Word to wake up in the morning. A cup of tea with antioxidants also helps.

2. Winning a church softball game by just a few points!

3. The pre-game prayer at each softball game.

4. Apples ripening on the branches of our apple trees.

5. Reading my parents' trip itinerary for their Holy Land trip. They are leaving Galilee to visit Cana, Nazareth, Tel Megiddo, Beth Shean, and will be staying the night in Jerusalem. I can't wait to hear all their stories and see their pictures.

6. My mom's patience with her inheritance from her mom. Over the years my parents have had plenty of opportunities to spend, but she held onto it until deciding to take this trip to the Holy Land.

7. Hearts being healed through prayer.

8. Church family members who have done short term mission trips this last year. They are amazing.

9. My husband's steady, hard-working persistence in all things.

10. My dentist. I don't like going in for "extra" work on my teeth, but at least I know my dentist is skilled, and patient with me. It helps to be honest and say, "Yes, I'm scared of dentists." And it helps that he and his assistant see me tightening my hands into fists, or gripping the sides of the chair, and they say, "well, how about taking a breather for a moment." I know it all sounds terribly childish of me, but I am thankful that I have a patient dentist.

Psalm 119:80 "Your word, O Lord, is eternal;
it stands firm in the heavens."


Bonus Blessing: That itchy and excited feeling in my fingers when I sit down to write. It's as if every bit of my body says, "It's time to write, it's time to write!"

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I have to take my kids to the dentist today today. So not looking forward to it. I can totally tell the difference in the day when I forget scripture reading.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Hopefully your kids are good at the dentists like my kids are. Actually yesterday wasn't so bad, because I took my mom's advice - the dentist chair is a good place to pray.