Thursday, June 3, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 5

Today we had a slow start, and then we had to clean house for some home school friends we love dearly. The kids played, moms chatted, we made homemade vanilla and chocolate marshmallows as a yummy science experiment, we reviewed Latin, played more, and ate a little bit of the marshmallow goo that didn't make it into the pans.

And now, here I have time to write, and I'm blogging . . . shh. However, the benefit is that I have a list of blessings I scribbled out this morning, plus all the ones that came with having a fun day.

If you just stopped by, and don't know what this 365 Days of Blessings thing is all about, feel free to see my post, 365 Days of Blessings Day 1 to see what it's all about.

So here's my list for the day so far of amazing things to be thankful for:

365 Days of Blessings, Day 5
1. The Bible, the most life-changing book in the world and in my life.
2. A rare late morning of sleeping in until 7a.m.
3. Sunshine and white fluff clouds after several days of gray rain.
4. The play of sun and shadow over the trees in my backyard.
5. The patch of sunshine that my dogs, and my cat are all trying to occupy on the kitchenette floor.
6. Making marshmallows with friends.
7. The super-sweet taste of marsmmallow goo.
8. Being able to cook without corn syrup, gluten, or dairy!
9. Sharing home school experiences with a friend.
10. The ticking of a new wall clock reminding me of my limited writing time. I'm not a fan of watches, or clocks that tick loudly in my bedroom, but a ticking wall clock where I write is a blessing.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it." John 1:1-5


Have a Blessed Day!!!

No comments: